Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More fabric...

Last Tuesday I went to a fabric swap hosted by Mary Beth at The Lazy Milliner. It turns out I knew her already from swing dancing but hadn't made the connection. It was fun to get rid of some fabric that has been sitting around my stash for awhile. It's been there for years and I could never find the right project for it, and I didn't love it. So it went to the swap. At the swap, there was some fun fabric as well as some patterns. I picked up two bag patterns and a skirt pattern as well as some fabric.

Also in the mail I got some gorgeous hand-dyed fabric that I won from Heather Bennett. The pictures don't do it justice!


And finally, I've gotten some goodies in the mail from various internet sales. This fabric I've been eyeing for awhile, waiting for it to go on sale. It is from the "Proud" collection by Keri Beyer.

I wouldn't use it in a regular quilt, but I think it is perfect for a one-block wonder. One block wonders require a lot of yardage from one fabric, and they work best with fabrics that have a lot of colors and a large repeat. I think this one fits the bill perfectly.

Here are some other goodies I've bought recently.

Now back to work--I've been away for the past two weekends and traveling for work as well, so I'm glad to be back at the sewing machine. I really need to finish the group quilt for my fellow choir member.

No comments:

Post a Comment