Monday, January 10, 2011

first finish of 2011

I actually finished this last Monday, but I haven't had time to take pictures.  This is a disappearing nine patch quilt made for a friend having a baby (aren't they all, right now?).  I like making gender neutral quilts, even when the sex of the baby is already known.  I think it is just fun, playful, and colorful.

disappearing nine patch

Here is the detail:
baby quilt detail


I wanted to have a little more than just a solid border, so I added a bunch of squares after having an inner border.

border detail

I really like the effect of continuing the quilt to the edge, yet calming it a bit with the inner border.
It feels good to check another one off the list! Not to mention it was fun as well.

2 comments:

  1. Just love your disappearing nine patch...the colors work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Love the outer border as well -- it makes that yellow float.

    ReplyDelete