Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Quick baby quilt is done!

I finally had some time after all the Easter busy-ness to finish this quilt.
baby quilt finished


I ended up quilting in random straight lines, inspired by Kate and Jacquie.
closeup of quilting

I really love it. It was so fast and easy too. But it needs to go off to a little baby girl in Seattle.

backing/binding

A quick shot of the backing and binding.

For those of you who may wonder why my Easter was so busy, I'll just leave it at this: we had 7 people total for dinner (not too many) and we had this for dessert (in addition to the other courses):

 My husband and I don't mess around when it comes to food! :) It's a chocolate and hazelnut souffle--individual ones for guests. There's no flour, so it was safe for my gluten-free friend.  And incredibly delicious too. We had some leftover mixture so we baked a "leftover" one last night.  Yum!

4 comments:

  1. the quilt is great and i am salivating at the souffle....mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilt turned out great....I like how u quilted it....so easy-peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the baby quilt...and...yum! or perhaps i should say yum and yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the quilt turned out! And I'd tell you to bring that dessert to the meeting with you, but I don't think it would make travel very well! :)

    ReplyDelete