Sunday, May 10, 2009

Whipped up

So I whipped up this quilt pretty quickly.


My mom had sent me some fabric that she thought I would like--I paired it with some odd pieces in my stash that actually worked really well. I loosely followed the pattern "To The Nines" from the book "Rectangle Pizazz". I often use books and patterns for inspiration and then go from there. I wasn't sure I was going to like this as I was working on it, but as it came together, I really like it! I think I'm going to call it "Six Patch"

Overhead shot:


Detail:


Back:


I had really meant to finish two quilts this weekend, but I'm studying for a certification exam at work, and I'm practicing for a swing dance performance next weekend. So not as much time quilting as I'd like. But here's a preview of the next top to get quilted and finished.

It is patiently waiting its turn.

3 comments:

  1. I love both of these quilts! The colors are great! on the bottom one did you use an X block ruler? I got one of those recently and I'm anxious to try it. Of course I have at least 3 other quilts in progress...:)
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! I love mixing fabrics and patterns until something great happens. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make quilting looks easy. I have yet to attempt myself.

    ReplyDelete