Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"block party" quilt finished

I got my quilt back from the longarm quilter and finished the binding. It was a beautiful fall day on Sunday, so I took it outside to get some better lighting.
overhead of "block party" quilt

A detail shot.
Detail of "Block party" quilt

As I mentioned before, it is a gift for a family friend who is getting married.

I pieced the backing, to give it some extra interest.
backing of "Block party" quilt
I need to make an extra special label for it before I send it off. I hope they like it!

The pattern is called "Block Party" and I found it in an old magazine. It's by Jason Yenter, of In The Beginning Fabrics. It's pretty simple--similar to a "bento box" quilt in that you cut up the squares once you have finished them. But rather than no sashing, or sashing the outside of the block, you sash inside. I really like the "window" effect. The finished size is 67*79.5, so not a full bed size but a generous lap quilt--large enough for two newlyweds to snuggle up in (DH and I tested it to be sure). :)

7 comments:

  1. That's really lovely!! I mean, REALLY. Wow. Love the design, the colors, the quilting... Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The newly-weds will love it, I'm positive! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful!!! i love the colors and the quilting you had done is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the circles in the quilting overlaying the squares in the pattern! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one gorgeous quilt! I would love to make it.

    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete