I don't know about you, but I keep a little spreadsheet of all my finished quilts, with a tab for WIPs/UFOs. When I added this one, I was a little shocked/dismayed to see that last one I finished was in May. :( I'm glad to be back though!
This quilt I made from my scrap bin, so I'm proud of myself for actually using scraps. The green was something from my stash. I had sewed some of the strips together when I headed out to Gwen's Beaver Island Quilt Retreat. While I was there, I realized I didn't have enough green to do borders all the way around. Being that we were talking about liberated quilting, everyone suggested I just add cornerstones, and problem solved.
I'm really glad I did. They are quite liberated, plus I added some strips to get them to fit. But having seen all of Gwen's antique quilts, where people just used whatever they had, I knew that it would be just fine. I quilted this the Saturday before the baby shower and finished sewing on the binding the morning of the shower.
Plus, since I've made my little one announcement (see previous post), I found out one of my friends is 12 days ahead of me, one is 12 days after, and another is about a week after that! So I've got three more baby quilts needed soon! I'd like to get them done before I am too busy with my own, so my goal is by the end of the year to finish two more, and the other one in January. We'll see how that goes!