Saturday, October 30, 2010

finally another finish!

I don't know about you, but I keep a little spreadsheet of all my finished quilts, with a tab for WIPs/UFOs.  When I added this one, I was a little shocked/dismayed to see that last one I finished was in May.  :(  I'm glad to be back though!

This quilt I made from my scrap bin, so I'm proud of myself for actually using scraps. The green was something from my stash.  I had sewed some of the strips together when I headed out to Gwen's Beaver Island Quilt Retreat.  While I was there, I realized I didn't have enough green to do borders all the way around. Being that we were talking about liberated quilting, everyone suggested I just add cornerstones, and problem solved.
coin quilt 1



I'm really glad I did. They are quite liberated, plus I added some strips to get them to fit. But having seen all of Gwen's antique quilts, where people just used whatever they had, I knew that it would be just fine.  I quilted this the Saturday before the baby shower and finished sewing on the binding the morning of the shower.
coin quilt close up
The mama to be loved it and was very excited that I backed it in a pink print with white stars. I guess the baby's room has exploded in pink, so it will fit right in.  That's another one down and I've got two more tops to quilt, as well as lots of blocks I played with while on retreat.

Plus, since I've made my little one announcement (see previous post), I found out one of my friends is 12 days ahead of me, one is 12 days after, and another is about a week after that! So I've got three more baby quilts needed soon!  I'd like to get them done before I am too busy with my own, so my goal is by the end of the year to finish two more, and the other one in January. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment