Monday, June 1, 2009

If at first you don't succeed....

try try again, right? That's how I felt about quilting this quilt.

It really shouldn't have taken me so long, but I broke two needles, got a "birds nest" of quilting mess and had to rip out the stitches, and then I did that thing where you sew a flap of fabric to the back accidentally. Sigh. I think it was because I was using "invisible thread" which requires adjusting the tension settings to deal with.

But I managed to put the binding on so I could finish the hand binding while watching So You Think You Can Dance (my friend had it on TiVo).



I know, my spirals are not very good. But they were fun! I need some more practice.

It's done! Another quilt on my finish list. This is for a baby that is due in July. I hope my friend likes it!

The pattern is just blocks using the X-Blocks Tool. You can read more about it here. It's a really easy technique for making interesting quilts. My mom got it for me at a quilt show and I got it for Christmas. Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

  1. That turned out really nice! I like the colors. And the quilting is great too!

    ReplyDelete