Sunday, May 30, 2010

Paintbox Quilt finally finished!

I started quilting this baby last weekend, but I ran out of thread, at around the same time that I also realized I had gone ahead and used the binding fabric for something else! So I had to wait on getting more thread and more fabric for binding. I got home from Texas (work trip again) to find my packages waiting for me. I got to work and finished the quilting and the binding!

Paintbox quilt finished


My DH was kind enough to hold up the quilt for me to get a picture.
Paintbox quilt back


Here are some detail shots of the quilting--it's just stippling, because I was lazy.
back detail


more back detail


Thanks to Elizabeth for hosting the quilt-a-long! I had a lot of fun with this one.  I definitely had the moments when I thought I hated it, but now I love it again.

And for Jacquie's Spring To Finish Challenge, this is my last one! I made all my goals.  I am super happy about that.

spring to finish big

Finished!!! Here is the link to my post with my original goals.  

What next? I feel like I have so much free time....ha!

6 comments:

  1. Love your paintbox quilt. I have wanted to make one too but gathering the material looks like a challenge. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!It turned aout great....and stippling always looks good, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! The front and back are both great and so is your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely quilt and a great last finish for Spring to Finish...I'm off to find the rest of your finished projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a great job! congrats. I love the back!

    ReplyDelete