Monday, January 14, 2013

Garden Gate Quilt finished

This is one of those quilts that has been lying around for a long time, waiting to be finished. I had no urgency to complete it, as I started it after my daughter was born and I was hoping to hang it on the wall in her room.

I wanted to do something different for the quilting, so I took a cue from the gate and looped up into the top of each "gate", then back down, in a sort of figure eight.  Then I kept going to the next piece. To stabilize the quilt, I quilted in one direction, flipped it, then repeated in the other direction.  I think it worked well because the quilt lays pretty flat now. I later learned this pattern has a name! It is called "wishbone".


All that is left is to add a hanging sleeve and hang it up!  Although, when I left it out, my daughter pulled it off the chair and started laying on it.  It was super cute and made me think that maybe she might enjoy it as a blankie instead.  She has been enjoying laying on it for the last few months and I still haven't had the heart to put a hanging sleeve on it. It may happen some day, or maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment