Tuesday, March 8, 2011

my new diaper bag

As promised, here is a picture of the new diaper bag I made for myself. The pattern is from Anna Maria Horner's book "Handmade Beginnings", and the fabric is Joel Dewberry's Ginseng collection.

It is pretty huge but I imagine I'll fill it up with all sorts of stuff. I really like it because it is sophisticated and doesn't look "babyish". I haven't taken a picture of DH's diaper bag yet because I still need to attach the strap.  He tried it on and decided that if possible he wanted an adjustable strap, so I need to get the right bracket to do that.

In other news, I had a fabulous time at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild's first retreat last weekend.  I'll post about it shortly once I get some pictures of stuff that I finished and/or worked on.

3 comments:

  1. What a very Chic bag....any new mother would love that bag...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Mary. And that you've made his/hers bags? Excellent. Eager to see the bag in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's adorable! i love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete