Saturday, February 9, 2013

making progress

One of my goals/resolutions for 2013 was to spend at least 2 hours every week sewing, cutting, pressing, etc. I didn't make my goal for January because I was gone for a week in San Francisco, followed by a week of being super sick and sleeping all the time!  So I'm trying to make it up.  What has amazed me is that once I get going, I actually get a lot done. I realize this is pretty obvious, but it just bolsters the point: schedule time, make time for being creative. When you do, even if you don't feel "inspired" you will eventually get in the groove and the juices will flow.  Pushing myself to put in the time this week (and step away from the computer!) has really made me feel proud of what I can do if I put my mind to it.

With all that being said, this is what I was working on this week.
My "Plain Spoken" quilt from the Modern Quilt Workshop by Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle.

I'm actually pretty excited about the progress I'm making and hoping to make significant progress on various projects in the next few weeks. Ash Wednesday is next week and I am giving up Facebook for Lent. So I imagine that I will end up with a lot more sewing time and a lot less wasted time.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good, love those colors together. How big will this one be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I really love your colors in this quilt. The little bit of vibrant purple really kicks it. Good job. Hey giving up facebook for Lent. I like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

    Over 160 thousand women and men are losing weight with a easy and secret "liquids hack" to drop 2 lbs every night while they sleep.

    It is proven and it works with anybody.

    Just follow these easy step:

    1) Get a glass and fill it up with water half the way

    2) Now learn this proven hack

    and you'll become 2 lbs lighter as soon as tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete