Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Making progress

I finally put the border on this quilt. I finished the top back in February but didn't have a border I liked. I had some leftover brown solid from this quilt, so I used that. I like how it sets off the bright colors.


I made this during a "quilt a thon" all day quilting session with a local quilting group. Of course, I was the youngest person there. The ladies were really nice and I'd like to go back, but they meet on Thursdays from 1-8pm. Two problems with that: 1) I have to work during the day and 2) Thursday nights are choir practice until June, and then July is dance practice on Thursday nights. Alas. Hopefully I'll be able to do the quilter's retreat in October. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment