Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Circles aren't scary

As you can see from my goals, I have been intimidated by circles in the past. I started working on "Love Beads" from The Modern Quilt Workshop by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. You can see an example of the pattern here.

Here is my first half-circle ever!
half circle

It actually turned out ok. I don't know what I was so afraid of. Some tips:
  • Take your time. This is not something to do if you need to get it done before dinner.
  • Pin everything a lot
  • Make sure that your cut pieces are accurate. If they aren't, it is going to be tough to get everything to match up.


I'll post more as I get the quilt put together.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know! Though for the moment, I'm still scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! they're so cool aren't they!

    ReplyDelete