Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Baby clothes

So my daughter is hardly a baby anymore, which means that I have even more desire to make her adorable clothes. When she was really little clothes would last about 2 weeks before she grew out of them.  Now they last a little bit longer.  I made this pinafore dress and it was surprisingly easy.
Here she is wearing the dress with Daddy's shirt. 


And this was the best I could do to get a better shot of her in it.  She really moves A LOT and every time I take out the camera and put it in her face she wants to eat it, or at least touch it.

I get too intimidated sometimes about making clothes when it really isn't that hard (at least for simple patterns like this). The pattern is Favorite Things Blossoms and Bloomers.  It comes with a pattern for a cute hat and a diaper cover as well.

She gets a lot of use out of it and it is nice to put it on with nothing but a diaper.  Of course if I know she is going to be sliding on the slides at the playground we throw on some shorts underneath it.  As she gets bigger it will be more of a top, which extends its life even more. I highly recommend if you want to make a quick gift for a friend.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely dress! :”> I’m trying to create a baby dress for my niece too, and I hope it’ll turn out as charming as this. :] I want to make this dress from her gently worn baby clothes so it’ll be really colorful. :D

    ReplyDelete