Monday, April 13, 2009

I finally broke down

This is very strange for me, as I'm sure many people in the blog world know. I've been following a lot of other people's crafty adventures and I've realized that I have a lot of my own to share. I love seeing the variety of quilts out there and the variety of people who quilt. I'd like to share my thoughts on quilting, which I've found are a little different from what I see out there in the blogosphere. That's not to say they are better, just different.

I can't put a label on my style. I definitely don't consider myself a traditional quilter, nor do I consider myself a slave to modern quilting, or art quilting. I'm just trying things out and enjoying the journey.

Lately I've been really branching out. It started with reading Gwen Marston's Liberated Quiltmaking. That was quite the revelation. Then I've been exploring Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle's books as well. I try to draw inspiration from many sources, including the environment around me, whether natural or man-made. I'm looking forward to sharing my quilting adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment