Sunday, June 6, 2010

More ICE at CMQG

At last month's meeting of the CMQG, we started our ICE challenge (see my block here).  Each person who puts in a block got to take one home.  Now comes the hard part--we build on the block we got and make a mini-quilt.  I got Manuela's block.  I really love it, but I am having a hard time doing it justice.  I've made at least six sketches, and I've got ideas for a few more.  If  you had this lovely block, what would you do with it?

And you can only use the fabric in that little pile there...

5 comments:

  1. I see the sail of a sailboard when I look at this block...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could do nine patch and make the center square the blue flower print and have four of those windowish things coming off of it. It would kind of like a cathedral window or a four petaled flower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this helps at all...you're allowed to use fabrics from your stash! I like the idea of windowish additions, maybe with this one at the center? I have a few ideas/sketches floating around for mine, too, and I'm trying to let them settle in before making permanent cuts

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you'll want to visit my blog this morning....you might be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like the window in a cathedral. I suggest building a small tower around it. Consider a little applique if you get stuck on piecing details.

    ReplyDelete