Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chicago Modern Quilt Guild meeting

Whew! I have been super busy. In February, I went on trips to Indianapolis, Knoxville, and Milwaukee. I'm just glad to be home again. I'm definitely counting down the days though, before my trip to Spain with my husband. We'll be taking cooking classes and sightseeing, but mostly just relaxing--which is exactly what we'll need by the time we get there!

Anyway, I apologize for my absence. I realize I never followed up on how our first Chicago Modern Quilt Guild meeting went. It was a good crowd. Everyone seemed excited about getting started, and we did a bit of brainstorming to discuss ideas and what we'd like to get out of the group. Kate took some pictures and you can see them here.

I'm hoping that as we have regular meetings, we'll get even more folks coming. It's great to find other people who have similar interests, and to meet them in person. I love reading blogs and looking at Flickr, but there is something really great about meeting people face to face.

If you don't live in the Chicago area, you can see if your town hosts a modern quilt guild here.

Happy Quilting!

1 comment: