Saturday, April 17, 2010

Paintbox Quilt-a-Long Top Finished!

I finally put together my quilt-a-long top!
paintbox quit along top


I have to admit I am not crazy about the grey I chose for the sashing, but by the time I realized it, it was too late and I had already cut up 3 yards of fabric.  Alas.  I am sure that I can give it away to a friend of mine who will appreciate it.
paintbox quit along top

Another shot of the whole thing.

I haven't really been home lately as I was in Iowa (my husband was teaching dance there) and then I was in Texas for work.  I'm starting to think that I may need to take up some handwork, as at least that is portable.  Do you have a favorite type of handwork? English paper piecing? Applique (I was thinking about one of these)? Hand quilting? Hand piecing (I saw this and thought it was gorgeous!)?

I'd love to dip my  toe into the handwork pool but I don't want to try something that will quickly leave me discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment